Head and Neck Cancer Survivor Group
The Head and Neck Cancer Support Group is led by Katy Kopec, MS, CCC-SLP. The group meets every third Wednesday morning at Summit Church, ans provides an opportunity to share compassion, knowledge, support, and experience.
The group welcomes anyone experiencing the impact of head and neck cancers, including significant others, family, and caregivers.
Katy’s experience as a Speech-Language Pathologist provides informed discussion of issues including:
• Eating, swallowing, and feeding tubes
• Issues during and after radiation, including lymphedema and stiffness in the face and neck
• Excess mucous
• Engaging and supporting caregivers
• Emotions regarding functional and physical differences
• Meanings of “survivorship”
For more information, contact Katy Kopec at 970-385-7272 or email@example.com